Today, I’m spilling out my beach bag to show you some of my must-haves for summer! This post could totally be said for the pool as well. I just find myself more often than not preparing a bag for the beach, and spending more of my time there. I fully prepare myself for a beach/pool day. More times than not, we end up going to the beach or pool and then heading out somewhere after-dinner, friends house, or beach shopping. I really like to be prepared not only for the beach, but for the activities we may do after.
Beach bag must haves:
- A cover up or change of clothes-It’s vital to have something to change into after the pool or beach, the sticky sand can be a little uncomfortable. Whether I am just heading home, or heading out for additional activities, I want to be prepared with a second outfit option. Currently loving this dress as a coverup.
- Sunscreen-this may seem like a no brainer, but the amount of times I’ve had to buy it at the beach because I forgot mine, is just ridiculous. Now, I always leave a bottle in my beach bag, so when I grab my bag, I’m good to go with the most important thing for the beach!
- Travel sized hair products– I don’t know about you, but the beach (and pool) can leave my hair and skin feeling a little lifeless. I get dried out from the pool, and the sticky feeling from the beach is something I enjoy at the beach, but I don’t really want to take it home or onto my next activity with me. So, I keep mini bottles of shampoo/conditioner, dry shampoo, hairspray, and a hair oil in my bag. That way I know I can feel cleaned and refreshed!
- I love my Cibu travel sized hair care products-I have full sized Cibu products in my home as well. I highly recommend throwing some of these products into your beach, pool, travel, or even gym bag. They are great products to use. In my bag I’m carrying the color shampoo and conditioner because it minimizes color fading and protects color treated hair. To boost shine, I carry along the argan oil mist and gloss drops. I also have this really cool 3 in 1 shampoo, conditioner and body wash-because you just can’t go wrong! Last but not least I’m carrying a travel sized flexible finishing spray and dry shampoo. Honestly, dry shampoo goes with me wherever I go.
- You can shop them at your local Hair Cuttery or here.
- SPF lip balm: Having a sun protectant lip balm on hand is always smart. Crazy enough my lips can get burned and chapped by too much sun exposure. I always make sure to apply an SPF lip balm before, during and after my days in the sun.
- Nail polish: Every time I go to the beach or pool, my nail polish just chips off. If I know I’m going somewhere after my day in the sun, I’ll bring along a matching nail polish to touch up the chips.
- Sunglasses: Don’t forget to protect the eyes! Really loving these sassy cat-eye sunnies-Only $14!
- Towel: Also, another no brainer, but I typically keep a towel in my bag. So, after I wash my towel, it goes straight back into my beach bag so I don’t forget!
- Concealer: After the beach or pool, I’m not interested in putting on makeup. I love the natural glow and tan that you get after being outside. The only thing I really like to do is put on a little concealer and lip balm!
Thank you Hair Cuttery for spooning this post. All opinions are my own.