Visiting St. Augustine
St. Augustine is the nations oldest city. It’s a beachy, historical town perfect for quick trips with friends, family, or even a romantic getaway. Jacob and I visited St. Augustine back in 2015, I went several times growing up with my family, and in 2019 we made our way back. We planned a little family weekend trip with my mom and siblings and had the best time. I combined both all of our trips and made one big list of things to do and see while visiting St. Augustine! I hope this inspires your next trip and be sure to check out my travel section for more inspiration!
Places we visited:
– Flagler College – They have historical tours that run throughout the day!
– St. Augustine Distillery – This is a stop on the trolley if you do the trolley tour. They have free tastings!
– San Sebastian Winery- Just like the St. Augustine Distillery, this is a trolley stop, and they have free tastings as well!
– St. Augustine Lighthouse – Climb up 219 steps to get to the top to see beautiful views of the city. They have various museums and shops on the lighthouse grounds as well.
– St. Augustine Beach- No beach sunset on this side of Florida, but the waves are fun to watch! It’s a gorgeous beach and the area is fun to explore too!
– Toured the historical downtown- Take a day and just walk around-going in and out of the shops, and just finding little roads to walk down. There is something charming on each corner.
– Old Town Trolley Tour– We always take a day to do the trolley tour. You can get on and off anytime and it’s a great way to get around the city while learning about it’s history!
– Castillo De San Marcos– We always called this a fort growing up, but I guess the technical term would be national monument. They have tours that take you inside to learn more, or you can just walk around the outside.
Great places to eat:
– Mojo BBQ
– Bunnery Cafe
– Scarlett O’ Hara’s
– The Hyppo – gourmet popsicles
– Likit Frozen Custard – soft serve & hot dogs
– Relampago Coffee Lab – had a delish matcha latte
-Pizzalley’s Chianti Room – delish Italian food
-The Sweet Spot – ice cream and shakes