I’m back in full force! Over the Holiday season my schedule tightens with work and various activities as we prepare for all of the fun festivities that this season brings! Today I am bringing one of my favorite hairstyles. This is what I call the Mock Faux Hawk. There is no cutting of any kind, but the outcome has an edgy look which mocks a faux hawk.
Here are the step by step directions:
1. Prepare hair by washing, conditioning, and blow drying.
2. Add a bit of texture powder at the roots to create volume and texture.
3. Tease the crown and creat a “bump” with bobby pins. Secure and hairspray.
4. Divide hair into 4 even sections. Use clips to keep sections even.
5. Twist each section into a bun and secure with bobby pins. ( In the second picture above I pulled out some bobby pins to show you where I was putting them.)
6. Hairspray and use hand to flatten any type of flyaways.
7. OPTION: Use extensions in each section of hair to create volume.
This hairstyle is not complicated but it does take time as you have to work with the motions of your hair.
Let me know what you think of this edgy look!