Welcome to Friday! I have just what you need to enjoy your weekend-a coconut rum milkshake. I know what song you are thinking about and yes, they will all come running for these delicious milkshakes!
Today I’m going to walk you through a recipe for (what i call) ‘By The Bay Milkshakes’. Picture yourself by the pool, on the beach with one of these delicious drinks in hand! Talk about a major cool off. This recipe is simple and absolutely satisfying. I treated my brother, Trevor & husband, Jacob to one of these treats as they worked on Saturday projects for their business Brate Custom Wood! They build amazing pieces day in and day out after their full time jobs, so I thought they could use a break!
(Trevor with the caramel milkshake & Jacob with the chocolate milkshake! )
- 1 Pint Vanilla Ice Cream
- Fudge Or Caramel Ice Cream Topping (whichever you prefer, I used both)
- 1/4 Blue Chair Bay Rum Coconut Rum (or as desired)
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Extract (or as desired)
- Flaked Coconut
Here’s What I Did:
- Filled a bowl with the ice cream, rum, extract, and a decent amount of coconut flakes not yet toasted (about 1-2 cups, or as desired)
- Mixed the ingredients together and put back into original ice cream container.
- Put into freezer for 2-3 hours ( I cleaned, made a target trip, and other things in the meantime)
- Toasted coconut flakes by putting them on a pan and in the oven on broil till browned (enough for the topping)
- Filled a glass with warmed fudge & caramel about an inch or two high
- Put the ice cream mixture on top of fudge/caramel
- Added whip cream, toasted coconut and drizzled a little more fudge/caramel on top
- Drank it all up!
Thank you Blue Chair Bay Rum for sponsoring this post.