We have all heard that should be social distancing, and I hope that we are all taking that to heart to combat the spread of this Coronavirus. Many of us are staying home from work and school, and while at first it sounds amazing, I know the boredom sets in quickly. Here’s 10 things you can do while you are social distancing instead of panicking.
10 Things To Do While Social Distancing
- Spring cleaning- Now’s the time to clean and organize! There may be a pile of clothes you’ve been pushing off that need to get folded, maybe there’s a pantry or closet that needs to get organized, or a little extra cleaning around the house could get done (doesn’t hurt to be extra clean these days).
- Home/DIY projects– Anyone else have a home project you’ve been wanting to do, but no time? Get started on the home or DIY project! You are home anyway, so might as well get started!
- Color– I just pulled out a color book the other day. Whether you are an adult or child, coloring can be a bit of a release!
- Binge Netflix shows– I have a list of ongoing shows I want to watch or re-watch on Netflix right now. I’m currently making my way through New Girl!
- Get some outside time in– When I worked in an office 7-6 I rarely ever saw the sun or got outside. If you’re staying home, spend some time getting fresh air. Maybe you take the office to your patio, grill out dinner, take a dip in the pool (if you have one), set up a hammock, and play games! Fresh air and a little sun (wear your SPF) can be so good for the body and mind!
- Take a nap– A nap always sounds good, but go ahead and just rest those eyes. Relax the body and mind from all the craziness going on.
- Bake/Cook– I’ve been wanting to bake something like bread, a cake or cupcakes, and now is the perfect time. Try out a new recipe, create something healthy, make something delicious!
- At home workout/meditate– there are so many great apps and online workouts you can start, and so many are free. Check out YouTube! Mediation is GREAT for easing the mind of anxiety and stress.
- A full skincare routine– Many don’t often have time to get in a full skincare routine. Spend some time concentrating on our body’s largest organ…the skin. Enjoy a warm compress, cleanse, face mask, tone, serum, facial massage (with a gua sha or jade roller), and moisturizer! Your skin will thank you and you will feel amazing.
- Read a book– Another great way to relax the mind. Get started in a new book!
Ps: Another great idea? Catch up, read, or find a blog to read! 🙂
I hope you all will be safe, take the proper precautions, and keep healthy as we make our way through what seems like a scary movie. Be in prayer for your friends, family, neighbors, and our country. Our God is good, He’s got all of this under control, have faith!