Summer is officially here and in full swing. I’ve never done this before, but this year I wanted to come up with a summer bucket list. Things I want to do or accomplish, and I want to keep myself accountable for it. I thought it would be so fun to share with you some of the items on my bucket lists in hopes to inspire your summer! We all need ways to beat the summer heat right? Here’s my list of 5 things I want to do this summer!
- Have a picnic – So, I’ve been wanting to do this for a while now. Jacob used to surprise me with picnics on the beach in college. We barely saw each other for about a year (it was like a long distance relationship). We would meet somewhere in the middle of hectic jobs (multiple), full time school, and extracurricular activities to have a sandwich on the beach. Nothing fancy, but I enjoyed our time together. So, this summer I want to re-create those fun memories, now 5 years later.
- Go to a theme park– I live in Florida, with endless amount of theme parks, and I rarely go. So, this summer I want to venture out and ride a couple of rollercoasters!
- Read a book– This has been on my to do list for what seems like forever. I know I have time to read a book, but I never actually feel like I have the time. I feel at ease when I’m reading, it’s very peaceful and unwinding for me. So, I’m gong to get myself a book to read and enjoy the calmness that the pages bring. I’m thinking about reading ‘Marriage Vacation’. I’m a big fan of the TV Younger, and this book is featured all throughout the show.
- Travel– I’m kind of sad that I don’t have any upcoming travel plans for the summer. We have fall and winter trips in the works, but nothing yet for the summer. I’m hoping my hubs and I can at least take a quick weekend getaway, even if it’s somewhere close!
- Have a bbq with friends– Summer is a perfect time for a cookout. We hosted a cookout for Father’s Day, and it went so well! I would love to get our group of friends together for a cookout and some bbq!
Not included in my list, but I also celebrate my B-Day in the summer, it’s in August! So, I’m hoping to have something fun to do then as well! Any suggestions?